There’s a wedding on the horizon
How exciting! Is it yours or is it the wedding of a family member or a friend? Montville Mountain Lodge is the perfect place to stay when you’re attending a Sunshine Coast Hinterland wedding.
Centrally located in the gorgeous little town of Montville, we’re only minutes from all of the dozen or more hinterland wedding venues in Flaxton, Montville and Maleny.
Build it and they will come
In 2009 I was working as a wedding photographer and managing Misty View Cottages (next door to the Lodge). During photography consultations with couples they’d always ask for recommendations on accommodation for their bridal party, family and friends.
Traditionally a couples retreat holiday area, the hinterland at that time had very few accommodation places where groups could stay together. The region was increasing in popularity for weddings as new venues such as Flaxton Gardens, the Spicers Retreats (Clovelly Estate and Tamarind) and Weddings at Tiffany’s opened to bring healthy competition to those longstanding icons the likes of Maleny Manor. Boutique venues such as Poets Cafe and The Chapel, Spotted Chook, Montville Bar and Grill, Flame Hill and Secrets on the Lake to name but a few expanded their offerings to couples looking for something more unique to the traditional wedding celebration.
Montville Mountain Lodge was built to house those that came to stay not just for the wedding day but to make a holiday opportunity out of attending a hinterland wedding. That was in 2010.
Different reasons to holiday
Since then, we’ve played host to so many wonderful guests. We thought we’d predominantly host groups for wedding accommodation. In fact, wedding guests, bridal parties and hens weekends (the quiet relaxing type with in house massages and delicious dining) make up about 45% of our stays. The Lodge has also proven extremely popular for family reunions and special occasions, girls getaways and corporate retreats.
What’s our difference
So what’s our point of difference? Why should you choose us when you’re deciding between holiday rental properties and places to stay? We’ve tried to think of all of the simple yet important things that guests value.
- We’re one of the largest occupancy holiday homes in the hinterland with our ability to house up to 12 guests.
- With 6 queen beds and 2 king singles our bedding configuration over the 6 bedrooms means that everyone gets a ‘real’ bed and there’s no straw pulling over who gets the sofa!
- 3 full size bathrooms including one which is also accessible for wheelchairs and anyone using a walker or shower chair.
- Endless hot water. We’ve installed additional instant gas hot water systems so that you can all be getting ready at once and don’t have to suffer fluctuations while enjoying your shower.
- Ducted reverse cycle air conditioning throughout and ceiling fans in every bedroom.
- Fully equipped kitchen and laundry
With the functional basics out of the way, here are a few extra spoils that add to the experience:
- Magnificent views across Lake Baroon all the way over to Maleny. If you’re lucky you’ll get to experience the early morning mist that settles in the valleys overnight rise like a huge white cotton ball to reveal the lake and surrounding mountains.
- Log burning fireplace. Enough said!
- Coffee machine with complimentary coffee selections
- Soft towels and all linen is supplied with plenty of pillows, blankets and doonas to suit everyone’s preference.
- Chocolates to say thank you for staying with us
More than just a holiday house
We pride ourselves on offering you a beautiful and luxurious home away from home where you can stay while you experience all that the hinterland has to offer.